To apply for the 2018 LIGO Summer Undergraduate Research Program, between Dec 14, 2017 - Feb 5, 2018:
- Go to the Caltech Student-Faculty Programs (SFP) Online website, https://sfponline.caltech.edu.
- If you are a student applicant new to SFP's programs, create an account with your email address and a password (remember it!). Else, log in to your existing account.
- Under "Create an SFP Program Application", select "LIGO Application". Indicate if you are a Caltech student, then click "Create Application".
- In the application itself, you will input basic information abount yourself, including contact information, citizenship and demographic information, education, and work experience. Then there are text boxes where you will list your prior research experience, research interests, and a "Your place in LIGO" essay.
- You will upload one or more (if appropriate) unofficial transcripts of the courses you have taken at the college level.
- You will enter contact information for two letters of recommendation. After you click "Submit", an email will go out to them, requesting letters to be uploaded. Until you click "Submit", your application will be incomplete and "Awaiting Submission."
- When you have completed your application, you must click "Submit form to SFP". Make sure that, on your Home page on SFP Online, it indicates that your application is "Complete", your Transcripts say "Complete", and your Recommendation requests say "Not yet received" or "Received".
If you are a student in India, you will instead apply through our IndiGO colleagues: http://jobs.gw-indigo.org/tiki-index.php?page=LIGO-IndIGO+Summer+Students+Program.
Ready? Click HERE to go to the SFP website.